Sunday, January 10, 2010

Rancho's baby is here.

Humko toh rahein thi bulati par woh apni raah banata........

I'll explain :-

Its only extremely rare for me to actively involve myself into things that bring along commitment as a requisite because I am well, a truly lazy person. But this new born father I am gonna talk a bit about, is far from this general apathy towards life and its ingredients, in a generic sense. This person is a real life Rancho ( @3 Idiots) breathing oxygen, making friends, faltering in love ( In the most magnanimous fashion!), spreading love and glee in bundles and being just way too surreal to be taken seriously. I may call him Munnabhai too, considering the parallelism in being unbelievably nice and magical but the cosmopolitan attire of Rancho and the 360 degree joy machine nature makes Rancho more apt as a parallel. (And anyway, Rancho is in!). Every time you begin to foresee a fuck up, he pulls it off with just genuine honesty and love as amun, driving you nuts yet making you say a prayer, wishing him the ultimate.

That the baby is to come to life, I was informed in the foremost stages and strangely, I wanted to pile on as a sub-father to the baby from the word GO. I would do just anything from washing nappies( Do u wash them????), cleaning bum, being yelled at for clearly no logical reason and possibly whatever is asked of me. So with every baby step I would pretend the involvement (May be i WAS involved but I don't know....) and stamp myself upon it. But as i have mentioned earlier and is universal nonetheless, I am bloody lazy.
In between I ensured my presence, mostly passive, breaking a few promises and delaying a few to indefinite futures. Nevertheless, I extended the most I could possible within the realms of my ability. And, this fine day the baby was born!

I was with Rancho seeing the baby being delivered into his hands and I died with profound joy for him. And then it was completely his baby and I was happy being the close uncle to it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hmm..congratulations to Rancho :)

Waise hai kaun???